At the Tromsø International Film Festival we want to make sure that everyone has a safe and healthy festival experience. We take our responsibility when it comes to pandemic prevention very seriously. We work in close cooporation with the local health authorities and all our festival events will be adjusted to the current restrictions from the local and national authorities.
Our goal is to create unforgettable experiences, where we are togeher - while making a safe space for everyone.
The rules and regulations are set to be updated for the 2022 edition of the festival, but here you can read the guidelines that were applied for the 2021 festival.
What we at TIFF do
- Make sure that you can keep distance (minimum 1 meter) to your fellow moviegoers
- Make sure that we have plenty of hand disinfectant and soap at our venues
- Limit our capacity in the theatres to maximum 200 persons with one seat between each person/household. (For most venues there will be less than 200 people)
- Have fixed seating at all indoor screenings
- There will not be rush tickets in 2021
- Program our schedule with more time between each screening to avoid lines and give time for our staff to disinfect seats
- Sell our tickets online and scan them at the venue to minimize physical contact
- Track our audience and guests for safety measures. (Personal data will be saved and used in case of infection tracing only)
- Have seats for everyone and table sevice at all indoor social events
- Have a protocol for keeping our venues clean and train our staff and volunteers according to our protocol. (We also have a close collaboration with the Chief Physician in the Tromsø Municipality.)
- Give our audience clear and updated information
- Have a digital festival program available
What you need to do
- Practice social distancing, at least 1 meter to you fellow moviegoers
- Seat with your family/hosehold and make sure there is one free seat between you and the next person/household
- Arrive to the screening in good time (remember that the film starts at the scheduled time)
- Please wash your hands thoroughly and often, and use disinfectant
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please use your elbow. Don't touch your face and, in general touch as few surfaces as possible
- Are you ill, have a cold or are not feeling well? Stay at home, see a movie from our online program and wel'll see you when you feel better!
Everything's gonna be ok. Welcome to the 32nd Tromsø International Film Festival!